Friday, August 21, 2009

sometimes...

i think one of the most frustrating things about planning this wedding is feeling a little bit alone. i mean, i'm not so self-centered that i expect everyone else's life to revolve around me - or my wedding.... but sometimes, you just want some support, you know? i'm not even talking about some physical help, but to know that people actually care about what's going on with my LIFE. not just the wedding. because my life is so much more than just that one day. and support from the wedding blogging community (because I know we all go through this) is nice, but it's just not what i'm left wanting.

yeah, the wedding is important to me. i'm excited for it! it's a big day! but..... what happens when it's over? will anyone have anything to say to me? will i have anything left to say to anyone else?

i think the thing that all of us brides battle is becoming so obsessed with planning the wedding that we forget that life doesn't just end when we slip on the ring. i don't want to be at a loss with all the "free time" i'll have after the wedding (although i'm sure school will make sure i don't have too many of those moments). i don't want to dwell on the "what ifs" and "wish i hads" of wedding regret. i want to be able to smoothly move on into married life, and i don't want my friends to say "i'm so glad you're back!"

mr. ramen is truly a gift - he's been amazing, but at times i know he gets frustrated that all we do is talk about the wedding, invitations, music, crafts.... i almost forget what we used to do before we were engaged. how tragic.

at any rate, here's to learning how to balance planning the biggest party of my life without forgetting how to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment