Wednesday, September 9, 2009

and the bride wore white

actually, in my case, i'll be wearing ivory (which highlights my lovely golden-yellow skin tone, as one bridal assistant informed me). i received permission from Mr. Ramen to post pictures of my dress under one condition: that I am not in them. SOOOOOOO. Here is my dress!!!!!! I love her so so so so verrrrrrrrry much. at this point, the alterations I need are very minimal - I ordered the length custom-cut, since it was cheaper to do that then pay for it w alterations since my dress is LACE. This is another reason why i chose ivory - lace just looks richer and antiqued with that more yellow shade. and ok, let's be honest. i looked really bad in the white dresses.

Close-up of the lace detail.... I like how the alencon is on a mesh background. I'm a leeeeeeeetle bit paranoid about snagging it on something like... my hands or my ring, but it's terribly beautiful. And there are the teeniest little dots in some spots. sighhhhhh. love.
a little bit further out - this is part of the bodice of my gown. mmmmm, so luxurious!
the train!!!!! one of my favorite parts of this gown is the lace edging. the fringe at the neckline (she's strapless) and around the hem. i'm drooling. that lace is so scrump-diddly-umptious!
i'm not gonna lie, though. i had some serious moments of doubt after i ordered it. i wondered if it was wise of me to spend so much money, if i really liked the style... i regretted not getting a huge ole ball gown, i regretted going for lace.... i was worried i would look too fat, or my butt would look too small (what can i say, i have the cursed Asian barely-there-almost-flat-booty), or it was too sexy and inappropriate and would my FMIL think I was being inappropriate?!?!?
but all of my fears were laid to rest when i went to pick up my gown just a couple of weeks ago. once the girl unzipped the bag and hung her up for me to inspect - i was a giddy goner (what is up with me getting all giddy these days?!?! i'm going to have to turn in my tough-girl card soon). no doubt left. i was sold. she is perfect. and when i put her on, and she zipped right up, and the manager gasped "this almost never happens! it fits you perfectly!" (yes, this includes the butt area!!! all of that running and those million lunges were paying off). i took it as a sign that i made the right decision.
and when i bent over and felt how TIGHT the dress was, i took that as a sign that i had better stay in shape or i would not be eating OR sitting on our wedding day. i'm pretty sure that Mr. Ramen will be QUITE impressed when he sees me. i'm really not-so-secretly hoping he cries when i walk down the aisle, hehehe.
in what moment did you know that you had the right dress? for you married gals (i know you're still lurking!), did your dress have the desired effect on your Mr?

No comments:

Post a Comment